Hello! Charlotte and Rafi here. We’d love to cuddle, stroke, play with and walk your pets whilst you’re away whilst also taking care of your home We’re mature, well- educated, experienced and kind and most importantly, we love animals and travel..
Your pet will be safe, well-cared for, loved, played with and cuddled for the duration of your time away. Your home will be secure and immaculate. We understand how much they mean to you, so look no further- we would love to help.
We are a trustworthy, reliable and loving mini-family of 2 and we have been caring for pets for as long as we can remember.
We have experience with dogs, pregnant dogs and puppies, cats, pregnant cats and kittens, hamsters (we’ve cared for 17 at a time), rabbits, guinea pigs, fish, cockroaches, stick insects, rats, mice and gerbils, parrots and birds.
We’re happy to go for huge long walks with the more energetic of dogs and shorter walks for the older or small ones. We can also train your pets if required. We also hope we can play lots! We love to play and we are a great cuddling team.
We are CRB checked and can provide great references, so you can have peace of mind. For that little extra reassurance, we are happy to provide you with regular updates whilst you’re away.
EDUCATED AND CLEAN
I hold an honours degree in Linguistics and work as a freelance wellness and travel writer and editor. We are vegetarian/vegan, non-smokers, calm in a crisis and very clean and tidy.
Why Choose A Housesitter
- You can be 100% sure that your pets are enjoying plenty of cuddles, strokes and love when we take care of them. They simply don’t get that at kennels, catteries and other boarding
- We provide personalised care and attention in just the way you would do it, specific to the needs of your pets
- Housesitting allow your pets to remain in their familiar surroundings, following their normal routines
- Kennels, catteries and other pet care can be expensive
- Your property will be secure, safe, and well cared for whilst you are away
- We can even tend to your garden if you’d like
Peace of Mind…
Your pets and home are precious to you and we guarantee to take great care of them. Here’s why you can have confidence in our care:
- We’re UK CRB checked
- We can provide glowing references, just ask 🙂
- We’ll provide frequent updates and reports whilst you’re away as often as you like
- Housesitting contract: It’s a good idea to complete a housesitting contract before we commit to a housesit. This is simply so both parties know what is expected. Usually this isn’t needed at all, but it’s a good idea to complete one ‘just in case’.
I’m 37 and I love to travel, explore other cultures, learn languages, care for animals, read and most of all, to enjoy the great company of my son. I’m a laid-back, vegan, non-smoker am I’m proud to say that I’m calm in a crisis. I’ve cared for my own home for over 18
years and I’ve dealt with a whole host of problems in that time! I’m quite a quiet person and I love my work as a freelance writer. I also like starry skies, cooking from scratch, growing veggies, messing around in the fresh air and drinking coffee (unfortunately!)
Rafi is almost 9 and loves cuddling furry animals and watching the non-furry or feathery kind. He loves reading, eating Mummy’s vegetarian home cooking (especially pizza!!!) playing superhero games and messing around in the fresh air.
We absolutely adore what we do, and this is why:
- We love every kind of animal- big or small
- We enjoying caring for them, playing with them and giving them plenty of love, cuddles and walks
- We love to help you enjoy a stress-free break away from home, safe in the knowledge that your pets are in good hands
- We love to travel and experience new places and cultures
- We get a real insight into real life in the area.
- I get chance to practice my languages and Rafi can learn a bit more of them!
What We Can Offer
We can do all kinds of petcare and homecare duties so you can enjoy a stress-free holiday. These include:
- Feeding and day-to-day care
- Administering medications
- Cuddling and stroking
- Walks both long and short
- Basic pet training
- Collection of post
- Watering of your plants (I love houseplants!)
- General care of your home
- Tending to gardens
- I will also let in maintainance men and accept parcels if required
Please contact us to find out how we can help
Here are some of the things we get asked most frequently. Hopefully, you’ll find it useful. Please do contact us if you have a question that isn’t included in our list.
Are you rich?
Sadly no! I work as a freelance wellness and travel writer and editor which gives me the freedom to work from virtually anywhere, provided there is internet connection.
What about school?
Rafi is home educated which means we can learn from anywhere in the world. This is 100% legal under UK law and wonderful way to spend a childhood. We follow attainment guidelines as outlined by the UK Education Curriculum and use a wide range of resources to help us to do. Feel free to ask if you want to know more about home education.
Are you party animals?
No, I’m afraid we’re not. I don’t smoke, rarely drink and I spend my evening working. Besides, I’m getting a little too old for parties 😉
How long can we have you for?
As long as you like! But seriously, contact us with your requirements and we will see what we can do. Most people ask us to sit for a couple of weeks to six weeks, but we’re willing to consider longer stays if needed.
Do you speak any other languages apart from English?
Yes! I’ve been learning Portuguese for the past year, I have a pretty decent level of Spanish, rusty French that I’d love to get chance to use again and I can even say a few words in Catalan, Chinese, Italian and German.
Can you cope with life in the countryside?
Yes! I was born in lovely Somerset and we now live on the island of Faial in the Azores. For those of you not from the UK, this is in the West Country which is a very rural area. We love open spaces, especially if they’re green, wooded, mountainous, coastal…in fact we love anywhere.
What about an off-season, almost abandoned tourist resort?
Yep we can do that too. Quite happy to enjoy the space and calm!
Do you drive?
No, I don’t drive. I was never interested in driving and prefer public transport (especailly trains) and cycling instead. Rafi and I cycle everywhere and it’s great! We love cycling when we are in a new place as it’s such a fun way to explore.
Can I ask you something else?
Of course! Simply contact us with your question and we’d be only too happy to help.