Are you craving a huge bowlful of soul-nourishing, comforting Pad Thai but you want to stick to your healthy plant-based diet? Want incredible flavour, tons of nutrients, superb crunch and energy without sacrificing on your health or training goals?
Then make sure you try this AMAZING Raw Vegan Pad Thai recipe.
You get stacks of veggie ‘noodles’, a mouth-watering sweet, tangy and spicy flavour and everything you need to feel great both inside and out.
What I really love about this recipe is that it makes a perfect quick vegan lunch or dinner, it’s really easy to make and it’s pretty budget friend too.
Best of all, you don’t need to start buying expensive superfoods or weird and wonderful ingredients which you might not be able to get hold of (perfect for me here in the middle of the Atlantic!).
For ultimate flavour, top with a liberal dose of Azorean Piri-Piri sauce…yum!
For the veggies:
- 1 courgette (turned into noodles, julienned or grated- the choice is yours!)
- 4 carrots, grated
- 2 large leaves spring greens/kale/spinach, shredded.
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 100g bean sprouts
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
For the dressing:
- 70g almond or peanut butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Handful sesame seeds
- Handful sunflower seeds
- First get all those delicious veggies chopped and shredded, and place into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dressing ingredients (apart from the sesame seeds and sunflower seeds) and mix well with a fork.
- Pour the dressing over the salad veggies and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sunflower seeds then serve.
Now it’s over to you! What’s your secret ingredient when you make raw vegan pad thai? Any special tweak you’d like to share?
Come over to Twitter and share your thoughts!
Image “Raw Pad Thai” by Moira Clunie CC 2.0